There are many reasons for your tattoo lines not being solid:
- If you’re tattooing with a large needle at a fast pace, the lines might turn patchy.
- There is not enough ink reaching the tip of the needle.
- If you do not stretch tight the skin surface, you’re likely to create bad lines
- The needle end quivers side to side.
- You’re not constantly applying the same depth of stroke. The same also applies to the speed of your motions.
- The quality of the tattoo gun and the needles can also determine how the lines come out.
- You’re not pointing the needle at the right angle.
A lot of factors contribute to the quality of your tattoo lines. To master carving out solid lines, you should prep the machine and ink correctly, pull the skin area tight as you work, use the right tattooing techniques, and keep practicing.
How To Improve Your Lines (tips and tricks)
Read more: Tattoo Needle Depth Chart